Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Endorsement Requirements: Students and Faculty

Information about what is required to obtain an endorsement on a teaching certificate in Illinois is available at this web address. Students may use this information to take additional courses to earn endorsements by the time of certification through Roosevelt University. Any endorsements sought after certification has been awarded should be submitted directly to the State of Illinois, via a regional education office.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Faculty and Students: Overrides Into Courses Outside of the College of Education

Majors in the College of Education may receive prerequisite errors when they attempt to register in courses in other colleges. To request an override to enroll in a non-education course, please consult the list of contacts in other colleges available on the Registrar's website.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday, September 3, 2010

Faculty: AY 2010-2011 Meeting Dates

Visit this website to view a calendar of faculty activities in the College of Education for the 2010-2011 academic year.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Students and Faculty: Open Houses and Info Sessions

The schedule for all events sponsored by the Office of Admission is on the Office of Admission website at this address.

Faculty & Students: Course Withdrawal and Tuition Payment Guidelines

Guidelines for course withdrawal and tuition costs are posted on the Registrar's website on the right sidebar under Refund/Credit Schedule.

The guidelines for Fall 2010 are at this web address.

Faculty: Instructional Technology Support

Most answers to questions related to the use of instructional technology by faculty, especially in classrooms, can be found at this web address.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Students & Faculty: Final Grade Appeals

The guidelines for the grievance of final grades are located in the Student Handbook in the section Rights/Policies. The relevant writing begins on the print page 44, which appears as page 56 in the PDF file that is online at the link above.

All grievances must begin with a meeting with the instructor by the deadlines established in the handbook. If the issue is not resolved, the student should appeal to the department chair, following the procedures listed in the Student Handbook.

All appeals of EDUC, ECHD, ELED, and SEED courses should go to Nona Burney, at nburney@roosevelt.edu. All other appeals should go to Tom Philion at tphilion@roosevelt.edu.

Students: Log On to Email Account

Beginning May 22, 2010, your Mail account (@mail.roosevelt.edu) is the preferred email account on record. All communications from colleges and departments, including billing and academic information, will be sent to your Mail account. If you haven't logged into your Mail account yet, you can do so here.

Click here to go to the New RU Mail login page. It looks like a page for hotmail, but should work to log into your RU Mail account. Your login ID is your RU email address. Your password, if using the first time, is your birthday, in this form here: MMDDYY.

If you haven't claimed your new email account, please do so very soon. You can find your new mail address by first logging into RU Access, click on "Personal Information," and then click "View Email Address." Your new email address ends with @mail.roosevelt.edu.

If you have trouble logging in, please send a message to newmail@mail.roosevelt.edu with your name, student ID number, and description of the issue. This will be faster than calling the Help Desk. Or call the Help Desk at 312-341-HELP (312-341-4357).

Note: RU will never ask for your password! If you receive an email that looks like it's from Roosevelt and is asking you for your password, delete it! We will never ask you for your password.

Faculty: Graduate Transfer Credit

All requests for graduate level transfer credit should be sent to Daisy Tow (AUD 842) in Chicago or Paula Boettcher (SCH 120) in Schaumburg.

The form for requesting transfer credit for your advisees at the graduate level is available on the website for the Roosevelt University Registrar. It's Form #27. This form must be completed and approved for transfer credit to be indicated on the student's graduate transcript.

All graduate students have the opportunity to transfer in up to 6 hours of graduate credit from other institutions at the time of their initial advising. If you believe that a course on a graduate transcript is equivalent to one of our required courses, please consult the graduate catalog to make sure that all criteria for transfer have been met. Here is the statement in the 2009-2010 Graduate Catalog for the College of Education:

A maximum of six semester hours of acceptable graduate level course work from a regionally accredited graduate school may be considered for transfer to the MA programs under the following conditions: the credit has not been applied toward any other degree, the final grade is A or B, the credit will not be more than six years old when the degree is conferred, and the content is equivalent to a requirement or appropriate as an elective in the degree sequence. The request for approval should be made during the student's first semester at Roosevelt University and must be accompanied by an official transcript and course description. Acceptance of transfer credits will not reduce the number of semester hours that are required specifically at Roosevelt University. No credit from any institution will be accepted for transfer to the doctoral program.

If the conditions are met, complete the Form #27 and send to the registrar's office as outlined above.