The literacy project at Roosevelt University funded by a grant from the Illinois Board of Higher Education is pleased to offer a free workshop to College of Education students, faculty, and alumni. The topic of the workshop is "What does close reading look like in the new balanced literacy classroom?"
Emphasis will be placed on the following:
- How to model close reading during read alouds in all grades, K - 12
- How to model close reading during small group and guided reading lessons
- Developing language and literacy centers that focus on close reading activities
- Teaching students to use close reading during independent reading and writing
- Close reading in the disciplines
- How to assess close reading behaviors
The workshop is free and will be held on Saturday, December 7th, 2013 at the Wabash Building at Roosevelt University from 9:00-12:00 in room 1111. No advance registration is needed. Contact Margaret Policastro at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.