Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Child Care Teachers Needed Immediately in South Suburban Center
Rosa Lee Childcare Academy is a newly opened and growing center located at 116th and Kedzie Avenue in the south suburbs of Chicago. We are currently looking for the following positions to start January, 6th, 2014.
Teacher (2 - 3 Year olds)
Teacher (3 - 5 Year olds)
Must meet DCFS Section 407.140 teacher qualifications as follows…
Sixty semester hours (or 90 quarter hours) of credits from an accredited college or university with six semester or nine quarter hours in courses related directly to child care and/or child development, from birth to age six.
One year (1560 clock hours) of child development work experience in a preschool or licensed day care center and 30 semester hours (or 45 quarter hours) of credits from an accredited college or university with six semester or nine quarter hours in courses related directly to child care and/or child development, from birth to age six.
Additional Required Experience:
• Preparing lesson plans based on monthly themes, IL Early Learning Standards and developmental domains.
• Integrating project-based learning into monthly themes and across monthly themes.
• Ability and willingness to research topics, activities and methods for lesson planning and teaching.
• Maintaining student portfolios.
• Differentiating lessons to meet each child's individual developmental level.
• Documenting informal assessments including Anecdotal, Checklist and Parental Interviews; and formal assessments using Criterion Referenced Tests.
• Managing classroom and assistants.
• Issuing daily reports to parents.
• Interacting and collaborating well with parents, peer teachers and directors.
• Maintaining an organized and clean classroom.
• Placing written order requests for classroom materials.
• Updating online Facebook albums with photos and text.
• Supervising students and assistants on field trips.
Preferred, but not required experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish).
• Familiarity with High Scope, Creative and Reggio Emilia curriculums.
• CPR and First Aid Certification
Hourly Wage and Benefits:
$10 - $12 per hour plus free tuition for one child or family member age 2-5.
Email resumes with cover letter to Rosa@rosaleechildcare.com. Please add the word “Resume” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
For information on Rosa Lee Childcare Academy, visit at http://www.rosaleechildcare.com