Arlington Heights School District 25 has an opening for a Teaching and Learning Facilitator (previously known as a TOA position) for the remainder of the 2013-14 school year. The location will be at the Administration Building.
ELL/Bilingual and Gifted endorsements or relevant coursework and experience working with both populations of teachers and students is preferred. The facilitator will be responsible for the ELL/Bilingual and Gifted programs. It will be the responsibility of the facilitator to meet with the teachers regularly and to provide ongoing support to all of the ELL/Bilingual Teachers. The Teaching and Learning Facilitator will provide support to the Gifted Teachers as they implement PSI in a general education classroom. At the end of the school year, the facilitator may return to the assignment held prior to becoming a facilitator or follow transfer policy to request a transfer to an available position.
Manage and support all components of the K-8 ELL/Bilingual and Gifted programs; including,
- Management of all ELL/Bilingual Grants and other grants related to the programs
- Management of all testing related to ELL/Bilingual and Gifted programs
- Attendance at Illinois ELL/Bilingual Conferences and other related conferences
- Management of the translation of all AHSD 25 documents
- Facilitation of programs for parents of ELL/Bilingual students to ensure the parents feel a part of the AHSD 25 school community
- Facilitation of all district-wide ELL/Bilingual and Gifted meetings
- Facilitation of all Professional Learning opportunities for the programs
- Training for staff in the area of current technology tools needed to support and enhance the programs
- Coach ELL/Bilingual and Gifted Teachers in areas of differentiation, SIOP and other strategies that will enhance student learning.
The Teaching and Learning Facilitator must work 8-10 additional days beyond the 2013-14 teacher work calendar. At this time we are anticipating 8-10 extra work days in June, 2014.
Apply online and attach resume and letter of interest. All supporting documents should be electronically attached to your online application and addressed to:
Dr. Sandra Stringer/Dr. Maureen Cheever
Interim Assistant Superintendents for Personnel & Planning
Arlington Heights School District 25
1200 South Dunton Ave.
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
The Online Employment Application and a list of Open Positions in District 25 are available at https://admin2.applitrack.com/d25/OnlineApp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromAdmi...1
Click on the link to "all vacancies" to see the complete list and the above job posting.