Starting this April, Chicago Public Schools is utilizing an updated registration process.
Key updates are outlined below.
· The CPS Student Teaching Program website page will now include only the Registration Guide and Registration form
· The Registration form requests information about prospective student teacher placement site and cooperating teacher
· After CPS reviews the completed registration form, the Certification of Freedom from Tuberculosis and Accurate Biometrics Fingerprinting Authorization & Release form will be directly sent to prospective student teachers via university email to be completed
o Students’ fingerprinting and TB tests may be completed after they have received the forms from the CPS Talent Office
· Prospective student teachers will electronically submit their Certification of Freedom from Tuberculosis results directly to the CPS Student Teaching program
· Prospective student teachers will electronically submit their Accurate Biometrics Fingerprinting receipt directly to the CPS Student Teaching program
We plan to open registration for the Fall 2016 semester on April 1, 2016 and it will close June 30, 2016. CPS will not accept student teaching registrations after June 30, 2016. We will send further communication notifying you when registration is live.