Roosevelt's Language and Literacy Program is pleased to present a free professional development workshop: Engaging Families: What does Family Literacy look like in a Balanced Literacy School?
The workshop will be held on Saturday, April 9th, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m., at Roosevelt University, Wabash Building room 1111.
The theme will center on family literacy in balanced literacy schools. The book Living Literacy at Home: A Parent’s Guide has been ordered for workshop participants, and we hope it will arrive on time for the workshop. Here is a sneak preview of what we plan to cover from the book:
- Helping parents understand the “state of literacy instruction” in today’s schools
- Making everyday a literacy rich day
- Home to school connections
- Access to books (home library, bedtime story, summer reading, weekends & more)
- At home literacy routines
For more information, contact Dr. Margaret Policastro at firstname.lastname@example.org.